Our Practice During COVID-19
Looking after our clients and our surveyors....
In line with the latest government guidance, AM Surveys is open for business.
We are dedicated to looking after our clients, both by continuing to provide an excellent surveying service and by taking precautions to minimise the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Measures we have taken include, but are not limited to:
- At the time of booking, you will be asked if anyone at the inspection property is self-isolating or has any symptoms associated with coronavirus, and if so we will need to postpone your survey to a later date
- You will also be asked if anyone in the property is over 70 or in a high-risk group, in which case additional precautions may need to be taken
- Our staff are self-monitoring daily for any signs or symptoms of coronavirus and will isolate immediately if they have any concerns
- Whenever possible, we will ask that properties are vacated for the duration of the survey
- If properties cannot be vacated, occupiers and the surveyor must remain at least 2m apart at all times
- When on site, our surveyors maintain strict personal hygiene, using hand sanitisers, gloves, face coverings, wipes and soap & water where appropriate
- We ask that occupiers leave all internal doors open, to minimise the need for surveyors to touch surfaces
- Our surveyors have been asked to decline handshakes and maintain a distance of at least 2m from others at all times
We will be carrying out all work in line with the guidance from the government. If you wish you can download this guidance document below (PDF format).
The RPSA (Residential Property Surveyors Association) has issued the following guidance to their members:
RICS has also issued guidance, as well as FAQs covering Coronavirus issues. Have a look here:
For general RICS news on the virus and related issues, see here: